NJ Heroin Statistics
The statistics on NJ's heroin crisis are staggering:
- 5,217 - Number of heroin-related deaths recorded in NJ since 2004.
- 781 - Number of heroin-related deaths in 2014.
- 8.3 - Heroin death-rate in NJ per 100,000. This is more than 3 times the national average.
- 52,721 - Number of drug arrests in NJ in 2014.
- 184,038 - Number of patients admitted to NJ substance abuse treatment facilities for heroin or opioid abuse since 2010.
- 192 - Percentage of increase in Hepatitis-C cases in NJ since 2002.
These statistics were reported on nj.com on December 15, 2015 in an article entitled "Herointown, N.J.: The state's heroin crisis in 9 startling statistics."