Prevention Scholarship - 2020
The Safe Communities Coalition is sponsoring a Prevention Scholarship to 4 Hunterdon & 4 Somerset County, NJ current High School Students. *Based on the number of entries, additional scholarships may be awarded. (Essays may be submitted in English or Spanish for ELL Students in Hunterdon County. *Questions for Spanish language submissions, please contact Flor email@example.com)
1st place, $400
2nd place, $300
3rd place, $200
4th place, $100
The mission of the Safe Communities Coalition is to eliminate illegal drug use, underage drinking, tobacco, and prescription drug misuse in Hunterdon and Somerset Counties.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Monday, April 20, 2020 by 5:00 PM
DIGITAL SUBMISSION to, Cara Murray, firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe Communities Coalition Prevention Scholarship opportunity is eligible to a Hunterdon or Somerset High School Student who writes a compelling and thoughtful essay about one of our documentaries (listed below). The scholarship applications will be judged by community leaders.
- Write a compelling and thoughtful persuasive essay on the best way to prevent and reduce substance use in our community, based on one of our documentaries:
- The main goal of this project is to identify a community’s strengths and concerns, which allows critical dialogue about important issues, such as substance use and mental health.
- The project should answer the following questions:
- What do you see in your County that contributes to a safe and drug free community for youth?
- What do you see in your County that contributes to the substance use issues among youth?
- Specifically identifies at least one substance, or substance use in general, to prevent or reduce in our community.
- Concise explanation of your persuasive essay, max 2 full pages.
- Times New Roman, size 12 Font, 1” margins; double-spaced.
- Must properly cite ALL sources that you include in your essay.
- APA, MLA, Chicago, etc., whichever you choose, cite your sources.
- Topics are useful/relevant to community members (Must meet Essay Criteria)
- Digital essay attached to email, in PDF format, submitted BY OR BEFORE DEADLINE
- Send to Cara, email@example.com
- MUST Identify the following in your submission email:
- Your first and last name
- High School name
- Grade that you are currently enrolled (9th through 12th)
- Your email address, one that we can contact you later
- Essay Project Title
CLICK LINK TO DOWNLOAD